May 21, 2020
Guidance for Restarting Lawful Gambling on June 1
In conjunction with Governor Walz’s May 20, 2020, announcement, lawful gambling may be conducted outdoors at permitted premises beginning June 1, 2020. These lawful gambling activities must be conducted in compliance with all applicable executive orders and Center for Disease Control guidance. All lawful gambling statutes and rules remain in effect and compliance will be enforced.
Outdoor Sales Conduct
• You may sell gambling equipment only in those areas where food and alcohol are allowed to be served.
• Focus on internal controls.
- Cash and games (including electronic games) must be secured at all times and games must remain in view of the site’s staff to ensure integrity of the games.
- All games (except raffles) must be sold and played outside on the premises, but may not leave the outdoor dining area.
- House Rules must reflect any changes to the conduct of games at the permitted premises.
Gambling Equipment - Ordering and Delivery
• Only gambling managers and assistant gambling managers may place orders for new games prior to the reopening of permitted premises. After restarting, gambling managers may delegate the authority to order more games.
• Delivery of cash banks and any new games may not be made earlier than four days (seven days for electronic gambling equipment) prior to the Governor’s lifting of those executive order restrictions.
We urge your organization to be patient and not restart any gambling activities before they are allowed. Any failure to comply with those requirements prior to the lifting of the executive orders will lead to the prosecution of all violations via applicable adverse administrative and criminal actions.
Please check our website for any updates.