My time as executive director of ACM is drawing to a close. My original intent was to leave last year, but the ACM Board asked me to stay on for a few more months. My tenure will end on May 31, 2021.
ACM has begun the process of finding a replacement. The ACM board has engaged ACM Board Member Rachel Jenner as Interim Executive Director to be in place until a new Executive Director is hired.
Details of the position and how to apply are listed below.
I will continue with updates until my departure date.
Allied Charities of Minnesota is a non-profit, professional trade association seeking an experienced, part time Executive Director to lead our organization. We serve our industry through lobbying, advocacy and education for charities who conduct lawful gambling in MN. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our organization, ensuring that we are operating efficiently and effectively to meet our strategic goals. The Executive Director is the face of our organization, working closely with the Board of Directors, our lobbyist, attorney, government officials and the public. We are searching for a candidate who is aligned with our mission and who will provide positive leadership. The ideal person would have 3-5 years experience in the lawful gambling industry in MN, preferably in a managerial role. Possess strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Please email a resume to email@example.com.
· Develop and implement strategic plans that meet business goals and objectives created in partnership with the Board of Directors.
· Develop positive relationships with key stakeholders, including members and government agencies.
· Perform day to day operations including check requests, deposits, administrative work and emails.
· Attend meetings with members, Board of Directors, attorneys, and legislators.
· Draft legislation and communication with the collaboration of our attorney and lobbyist.
· Testify on all ACM bills and communicate our position on other legislation. Communicate with Legislators regarding concerns or questions, and work with revisor’s office to have legislation jacketed.
· Media relations including press interviews and drafting press releases.
· Lead Convention event and manage contracts. Meet with convention center, hotels, hospitality, presenters, entertainment, etc.
· Update website as needed.
· Prepare and coordinate monthly Board meetings.
· Present to member organizations upon request.
· Draft annual budget and work with the Treasurer on financial matters.
· Serve on NPGA (problem gambling board).
· Attend industry related conventions in vendor capacity.